Monday, September 8, 2008

Is it just me...

Or are all incoming freshman getting shorter???
Seriously...
I almost tripped over some kid walking through the halls

Its kinda hard for me to grasp the fact that I'm now a senior
That all the older students I used to look up to are now long gone
And now we're those people to an entire school

In a way its kinda liberating to know we have gotten this far and are so close to the finish line
But the main question now is...
What happens after this race?
Most of us are flung into another 400
Some take their cool downs
Some take on harder more intense challenges

Some fight for the gold
And some give up and settle for silver or bronze
Either way once this final sprint is over
Whatever hurdles we had to jump
its all about to pay off

And its such an exhilarating feeling to know
That its just one lap to go :)

No comments: