Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I remember...

when i was little
i used to love going to the playground

id always run straight to the swings.
i loved the feeling of going higher and higher
like i was flying above the park.
and when i felt confident enough
id jump and manage a perfect landing onto the wooden chips

but as i got older
i became wary.
i would be afraid that i would fall if i went too high
or swung to fast
i was even afraid of going so high that id spin over the top like in the cartoons

lately though,
ive been flying again
higher and higher still
and that euphoria of being suspended midair waiting to land
suddenly hit me
i realize now that i didnt think things through
i didnt calculate my jump.
nor did i see where i could land.


the truth is ive already jumped
and fallen.
oh ive fallen far.

but what if there are no chips for my perfect landing?

the real question is:
will i make it?
will i land on my feet?
or will i crash and land with a bruised knee and an even more bruised ego?


i guess only time will tell...


leave it to me to take a silly childhood memory
and make it an extended metaphor for everything thats been happening :p

No comments: