Friday, February 5, 2010

This one's for me...

[[started on February 1st 2010 at 11:15pm]]

I remember a few months back my best friend had a moment like I did just now of confusion and loss of self and I told her to do exactly what I am about to do.
I am going to make a list about every thing I love about myself.
Not to be conceited but to remind me of who I really am.
So here goes...
(feel free to do the same for you. never feel bad about praising yourself. but in moderation. if you want. in a comment or a post of your own, write down everything you love about yourself. silly or not. Or feel free to stroke my ego and tell me what you love about me :p)


Things I love about myself:
  1. the fact that when I laugh sometimes I sound like I'm hiccuping, it reminds me of my Lola Bet.
  2. how cheery I can get around people.
  3. the way I smile.
  4. the way my hair falls after I take a shower
  5. the way I walk fast
  6. that when I sing I pretend I'm singing in the shower so I don't feel so self-conscious about it
  7. the fact that I don't give up when I know in my heart what I feel is right.
  8. when I'm completely hyper
  9. when I make people smile :]
  10. that I genuinely care for other people.
  11. that I'm incredibly insightful
  12. that I'm incredibly loyal
  13. when I'm loud
  14. when I'm quiet
  15. my contradictions
  16. my soft hands
  17. my strong words
  18. my legs
  19. my bangs
  20. my sorta not so button nose :0)
  21. the way I write (handwriting)
  22. the way I write (composition)
  23. how passionate I am about things
  24. my musical inclinations
  25. my love for languages
  26. my levels of understanding for people
  27. my levels of understanding for certain human behavior
  28. my analytical mind
  29. my irrational mind
  30. the fact that I question the world
  31. my soft skin
  32. the color of my soft skin
  33. the fact that when I step outside in the sun for a short amount of time in the summer I get 5shades darker :p
  34. the way I swim
  35. my openness to different religions
  36. my openness to different cultures
  37. all three of my birthmarks
  38. the way my hair smells
  39. my dark brown eyes
  40. that i always try to better myself
  41. that i can admit when I'm wrong
  42. that I don't get cold easily
  43. that my hands are always warm
  44. that my toes are always cold
  45. that I always try to sleep with a smile on
  46. that I'm an optimist
  47. my curves
  48. the way i can mold my voice to mock anyone's
  49. my love for things different
  50. my want to be different
  51. my open heart
  52. my open mind
  53. my consistent heart
  54. my inconsisent mind
  55. my locking jaw
  56. my awkward standing position
  57. my graceful walk
  58. my clumsiness
  59. my desire to change the world
  60. my desire to help the ones i love
  61. my selfishness
  62. my selflessness
  63. my intuition
  64. my uncanny way of always finding my own way when im lost (driving)
  65. my uncanny way of always finding my own way when im lost (life)
  66. my love for literature
  67. my love for music
  68. my love for art
  69. my determination to finish this post
  70. my determination to finish anything i dare myself to do
  71. the fact that i dare myself to do things that i normally would never do
  72. my love for cooking
  73. my awkward way of sleeping
  74. my ability to see things about people others wouldnt
  75. my ability to read people
  76. my memory
  77. my powers of observation
  78. my lack of attention
  79. my wild side
  80. my introverted behavior
  81. my dry humor
  82. my interest in seemly odd things
  83. the way i dance in the middle of the street
  84. the way i make it a point to howl at every full moon
  85. the fact that i love to swim but am completely terrified of drowning
  86. how i love to stand in the rain
  87. that i appreciate every little gesture
  88. that i'll fall for a smile :]
  89. the way i dance
  90. the way i live
  91. the way i dream
  92. the way i am
  93. my beliefs
  94. my faith in others
  95. my faith in the ones I love
  96. my faith in myself
  97. my love for others
  98. my love for my family
  99. my love for people close to me
  100. my love for myself
it took me a lot longer to realize these things about myself and it was a lot harder than i thought it would be...but this is only the beginning.

i realize that i do need to find out a lot more about myself but im ready and willing to learn...
some of you may have taught me something
others still continue to teach
and most of you have no idea how much you have to give.

think about this:
If you were put in my life, even if only for a second...
you have changed it.
i strongly believe this.

so take that with you.
accept that you have changed at least one person's life

and start that ripple
throw a stone into a river and create rings
create waves
and monsoons.

thank you for reading this
thank you for caring enough
thank you for being a ripple into the ocean that is my life...


iloveyou.
have a wonderful day :]<3